Music Therapy for People With Hypertension
Music is a series of beautiful sounds that turned out to have remarkable effects on the health of the human body. Even music can be an efficacious therapy for patients with hypertension or high blood pressure.
Based on the results of research experts who discussed health in New Orleans recently, with a music therapy for 30 minutes a day is proven to reduce the blood pressure of hypertensive patients, so that music therapy is able to replace drug therapy of hypertension.
Proved by Study of Hypertensive Patients
It has been proved by a study of 48 hypertensive patients aged 45-70 years. In this study as many as 28 people in them are required to listen to classical music or traditional Indian music for 30 minutes a day. While 20 others were allowed to perform their activities as usual.
The result after a month-long music therapy the blood pressure of hypertensive 28 patients to be normal, While the blood pressure of hypertension patients 20 did not do music therapy is still high measured. This can happen due to the stimulation of music that was able to activate the limbic system-related emotions. Limbic system is activated when the brain becomes relaxed. This condition triggers blood pressure decreases.
The music can also stimulate the body to produce nitric oxide molecule (NO). This molecule works on vascular tone that can reduce blood pressure.
Here are some tips that can be done in a music therapy
- Try to listen to music for 20-30 minutes every day
- At the time try listening to music in a state of sitting or lying down with her eyes closed
- During music listening Arrange breath and relax
- Use headphones so that no sound disturbed the surrounding environment
- Select the type of music that is relaxing with a tempo of about 60 beats per minute as classical music by Mozart